Aug 12, 2008

On Singers, Poets and Painters

How can they do it?


They haven't lived my life,

Yet they they speak of things that only I can know or feel.

My darkest thoughts, my most cherished memories,

my moments of depression, my dreams,

they pass it off in the tersest of phrases.


Is my life so ordinary, that

the broadest brush strokes describe it

Or is it so extraordinary that

they make a living out of it.






8 comments:

  1. wow, just my thoughts! I have always wondered, what I feel is that so common, that is so easy for them to delineate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @vagabond

    [:)]

    @baffling

    ...and lots lots more dude....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. :)

    I like these lines:
    "Or is it so extraordinary that
    they make a living out of it.
    "

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every writer feels this way.
    It's a weird connection.

    You're on my list of favorite bloggers!
    I hope you don't mind. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done, sandy

    ~definitely, one of your gems!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @tups

    honoured [:)] and thanks

    @SS

    means a lot coming from you dude...

    ReplyDelete