Nov 8, 2008

I'm going to leave work late today
that's what my boss had to say
and I smile
My son is in bed with fever high
I try hard to hide a sigh
and I smile
My man ran away
and left me with bills to pay
and I smile
It seems I don't get tears anymore
the ends of my cheeks are sore
and I smile
I cut my hand doing the dishes today
and I come up to you and say
"Can I take your order now?"
and I smile
Dedicated to all the ever smiling waitresses of the world, and to the one who wants to be one.

13 comments:

  1. I so wait for your blogs, and this is the reason why.. every time its a new flavor, a new subject and put in the most apt of words. Great poem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "the one who wants to be one" - someone we know?

    good one btw, I've been long wanting to dedicate a post to all the silent everyday heroes that we encounter. wish i knew how to compose poetry - that way you can say as much without writing as much boring prose as I'd need to and I'm too lazy to write so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandeep, I have been following your blog for quite some time and really like all your posts, couldnt resist commenting on this one. The poem is so simple and just amazing , liked it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice :)

    listen to the last part of "Take it easy" by Mika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the dedication to someone we know?
    Considering whats happening to the jewels of the hospitality industry in the Taj at Mumbai, this tribute could not have come at a better time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chanced on your blog through Borna's. Good one. Maybe we will not think so much before we leave waitresses a tip next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. some of the waitresses are pretty hot man...

    im just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's that song again?? :( just on the tip of my tongue.

    Btw, no post long time. Or wait, is it the other way around

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tum waitresses ki hi tarif karna sirf .... waiters ne kya koi gunah kiya hai ....


    Jokes apart: achacha likha hai

    ReplyDelete