Feb 23, 2010

The Choice

Was lying in draft box for quite sometime, watching it echoed in Up in The Air inspired me to put it up.


Once in your life come close to killing yourself,
When death is but a moment away,
When you are way beyond the thought of fear and pain.
Beyond the thought of all the strings you have tied yourself to,
Beyond the liabilities and compromises you have piled on top of yourself,
Beyond everything.
And at that moment, choose.
Realise that living is not about being true to the weights you trouble yourself with
Life is the choice you make every moment, to live.

Do not be concerned, not depressed and never really tried killing myself, just a thought experiment.

4 comments:

  1. "Realise that living is not about being true to the weights you trouble yourself with"

    Love this line. Being un-true in this case I believe is being human... being alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pardon, monsieur...but i would consider the ending bit bordering on the frivolous...

    how 'bout "Realise that living is more than just being true to the weights you trouble yourself with"

    good to see the words flowing again. and send me your number. long since we had a chat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried it once too (the thought experiment I mean), but my results are inconclusive unlike yours.

    If I were writing this it will probably end thus
    "And at that moment choose...
    To see a psychiatrist"

    Nice choice of words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one...

    It did lessen the weight.. for a while.. :)

    ReplyDelete