Sep 16, 2005

Beyond...

As a result of a bit of encouragement, I looked around my comp to see if I had any of my poetry still around. I was pleasantly surprised to see a vaguely familiar doc file in a vaguely familiar folder...
I had written this one back in my second year, with the hope of getting it published in Alankar,
which to this day remains an unfulfilled desire.

(read aloud for best effect... and pardon if it sounds a bit cheesy...2nd year tha yaar!)


BEYOND


Beyond the hill lies riches untold,
Diamonds, rubies, emerald and gold,
Beyond the hill lies beauty unbound,
Roses and tulips run every mound
.”,

Beyond the hill lies a great desert,
Look for gold and you’ll find dirt,
Beyond the hill lives Death alone,
Miles can be heard Decay’s drone”,

What you feel is fear of unknown,
Wisdom isn’t found staying at home,
If you daren’t look beyond the hill,
You shall be Ignorance’s kill.
”,

What you feel is Temptation wild,
She is nothing but Devil’s child,
Mirages are far and never near,
Do not name my prudence, fear”,

I cannot argue with those in a well,
Who stay fallen once fell,
Who look at the sky and dream sweet,
But daren’t ever to move their feet,
True I tempt me with riches yet unseen,
Truer yet, I may face troubles mean,
But I shall run and I shall climb,
And look and search till end of time
No words of yours can change my mind,
My reward lies in my struggle to find.




7 comments:

  1. sahi hai beedu...saaf hai ki 2nd yr mein likha tha...ab to hill climb ho gaya hai...ab to bata de ki riches untold mila ki great desert mila...aur kis perspective se mila...lekin devil's child to hai, is pe koi shak nahin ;)
    ~me drunk

    ReplyDelete
  2. saale iss par to already itna sun chuka hai ki aur kya comments likhun, kuch naya likh

    aur yeh word verification kyu laga diya saale? faltu ka pain ek aur cheez type karo

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome poem sandy...

    "my reward lies in my struggle to find..." *clap clap*

    if alankar couldnt print this... they arent worth submitting stuff to...

    koi nahin... apna SA hai na !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ suvro

    well maybe i need to get drunk to understand what your comment is saying

    @zxcv

    yaar ...phaltu phaltu comments aane lage they...2 min mein 4 spam comments aa gaye..frust kar diya

    @ sunny

    ya maybe the next time we are running short of articles :D...

    ReplyDelete
  5. abe teri ek circus wali poem bhee to thee ....
    and woh moon light ....unhe bhee chaap de ....
    i liked then better than this..
    sahi mein be ...mast likhta hai ..
    great work...

    ReplyDelete
  6. abe sandy tu schol avenue wale page par tag lagwa de, aur apne mein bhi laga le aur baki #$$@!$ bhi apne mein laga lein

    ReplyDelete
  7. huha poem sandy!
    itne dino baad blog pe aaya aur ITNE SARE naye post! din achche nahi chal rahe shayad! [;)]

    ReplyDelete