Sep 1, 2005

Life Kicks In

A little apology to people who expect a bit of originality from me but this thing i read somehow is connected to my previous post so I put it in.

A U.S. Open finalist in 1998, Philippoussis, because of a series of injuries and poor play, has dropped to No. 209 in the rankings.

At age 28, he claims he is working hard but has no confidence during matches.

The only time he showed a spark during his media conference was when he recalled his sensational 6-4, 7-6, 7-6 win over Pete Sampras at the 1996 Australian Open.

"I've been watching that match the last few months," he said. "I definitely remember thinking I didn't have too many worries at that stage. You're 19, you're so free, you're so pumped. Everything's great."

Smiling, he added, "Then life kicks in, I guess."
Full Article

No comments:

Post a Comment