Feb 6, 2007

On God

Picked up Paulo Coelho's Like the Flowing River , browsed a few pieces then tossed it aside. There was something that I couldn't quite stand about the book. Took me sometime to gather my thoughts and realize what was wrong. It was all the stuff written about what God is like and what He expects out of us and how we've got Him wrong. For some reason I instantly distance myself from any such discourses. I don't like people telling me what God is and how I am supposed to look at Him. I am probably not an atheist, I say atheist because I know I am never going to meet God ever, I say 'probably', because atheisim, I feel, seems to be the easy way out, if I ain't seen it I'm not gonna believe it, too simple!

For me God exists in me, my God is the sum total of my experiences that make me stronger and better to face the world. My God is the guy in me who grits his teeth and whispers, "C'mon a little more buddy, almost there now," when the going is tough, My God is the guy who says "Koi nahi yaar! Hota hai!!" when I am feeling blue, He is the one who says, "Shit man! Shouldn't have done that," when I make a mistake or hurt someone. My relationship with my God is extremely personal and I don't want any one telling me how it should be.

My God is all mine. So don't tell me how he should be.

6 comments:

  1. Precisely what I was thinking a few days ago... dunno what sparked it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [:)]

    still havn't gone through spammers avenue performance on buzz'z scrapbook...salaa some punga orkut khgul hi nahi rahaa hai...it's a conspiracy i'm telling you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you call it when ur boss yaps the office's Orkut connection?

    "Kya chutiyapa hai"

    Muhahahahaha [:D]

    (Ok i know yap ka yeh matlab nahin hota... but what the hell [:D])

    PS: try opening google's cache of orkut's home page and sign in from there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @sunny
    no some problem with my lappy, got it corrected ..but salaa fir se gtalk firefox install karna padgega its a pain on a dial up..sahi mein, "kya chutiyapa hai!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. i find it with all of that guy's books... its so ridiculous to talk to people about sunbjective beliefs. even more ridiculous when it sells!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am the same anonymous who had commented on ur winds of change .. to whom u are thankful for visiting ur blog from past 2 years and whose comment was not relevant as u had no idea abt my comment ... :D

    anyways ... [[My God is the guy in me who grits his teeth and whispers, "C'mon a little more buddy, almost there now," when the going is tough, My God is the guy who says "Koi nahi yaar! Hota hai!!" ]] .... wow ... really nice ... infact made me borrow Paulo Coelho's Like the Flowing River ...

    lemme see if i have a god like u or not ... i am a hardcore atheist too ....

    and abt the comment in the last post winds of change ... i thought the post was based on ur personal life in the past few months ... u know what i mean ... if i had ur email id .. i would have told u in person ... sorry for the public display ...

    and dont ask "who are u to reflect" ... i dont have any answer ... thats why i am anonymous ...

    ReplyDelete