Apr 11, 2007

The Backbencher Syndrome

Time: Summer 2005
Venue: Some classroom in Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur

“The line to ground capacitance thus has a net leading effect on the transmission line…”

S : A for apple (draws an apple on the notebook), B for Ball (draws a ball), C for cat (tries drawing a cat, gives up) C for…C for…
P and Me giggle
S (glaring): Cup, you perverts. (Proceeds to draw a nice little tea cup)
P: Is ke baad hindi alphabet ka banayenge.
S and Me give smiles of complete agreement

“…people not interested in this class may leave, and if I remember, you three barely passed in the mid-semesters.”







Time: Summer 2007
Venue: Some conference room, in some factory in Chennai

“…the purchase order requisition is given through this command, which is again linked to the finished good identification because…”

H (looking at the new Orkut homepage) : Yeh bandi maal hai, she’s mine.
B: Ok, I take that foreigner one.
Me: I still don’t understand why none of you like this one, I find her cute.
H (shrugs): To each his own, I say we give this hairy dude to K.
K: Sale, tune meri biwi ka photo nahi dekha hai, isiliye yeh bol rahaa hai.
B: Hee hee…

“Please pay attention, I wouldn’t be repeating all this stuff”






I still haven’t been able to put a finger on what has changed and what hasn’t.

11 comments:

  1. 2005: "C for... C for... "

    2007: "Yeh bandi maal hai..."

    Yup... no difference [:D]

    ReplyDelete
  2. We boys will be boys! And we BBU (BackBenchers Union) will remain BBU!!!

    :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. yo!!
    But I am lil' confused...
    Is this what I am supposed to be reading considering that I have my GV in a couple of hours...[:P]

    ReplyDelete
  4. above comment is the proof that our juniors are keeping the legacy alive.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. dude! once a backbencher, always a backbencher. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'cup' isn't exactly a kosher word, btw [:D]!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @naween
    just goes to show we arn't as free from perversion as we pretend to be...

    ReplyDelete
  8. reminds me of so many similar scenarios [:)]...well except for the "C for C for "..thing [:P]

    ReplyDelete
  9. just to help u out ... the daark ages in kgp remain while the rest of the world gets connected in classrooms :D!!
    but i'd take the dark ages n prefer to remain isolated any day ... wat thinks the u??

    ReplyDelete